Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Previews

Coming this weekend, to a blog near you, my annual Academy Awards Predictions! Didn't do them last year. A> I was tired. B> They were incredibly predictable. C> I was too busy watching Ed Norton movies. If you're new to my film geekdom, you should probably be aware that my predictions for the AA are usually around 85% right, including for live action shorts, short and feature length documentaries, animated shorts and feature length,  and foreign, which yes, I don't see all of them. My best year was for 2003, when The Greatest Piece of Cinematic History The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King swept; 2004 (Million Dollar Baby), 2005 (Crash) were also good years for me; for the most part, I'm pretty accurate. But I skipped last year. (It was obvious Slumdog Millionaire would take it. It was just so good.)

But they will make a comeback this year, as you could guess by my GG/SAG post. And I'll rant about that. And Avatar. I freaking hate James Cameron. So there will be a love post to Peter Jackson, also in the near future.

I will also be posting some retro-posts, throwbacks, whatever you want to call them. These will be posts from my old Xanga, which date back to my freshman year of high school; posts that I think are amusing or still hold strong to what I am. We'll see. I have a lot to go through.

Other than those things, still working on student teaching, still working in my building, and still getting a move on my grad applications. Nothing has really changed. :) Will be back with that AA list in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment