Sunday, September 11, 2011

A Little Bit on "Friends."

What exactly are the laws of friendship? I’d like to think they have requirements of reciprocation and trust. Can you be friends with one person in one area and not another area? Perhaps. I’ve always tried to give my friends (rather, those who have been particularly wrongdoing) the benefit of the doubt; I hold loyalty so high. Friendship has so many grey areas; though we try not to judge those who are closest to us, it is hard to stay loyal to those who we so obviously disagree with especially when it hits so close to home. For me, someone who used to trust so easily, it has been getting harder and harder to be patient with those whose actions I entirely disagree with. I’m not sure if it is because I have been hardened or I am maturing. It can be both; after all, isn’t growth essentially the result of experience? I suppose through this, we learn who to trust with our whole selves and maybe only a part of our hearts. We aren’t meant to count on everyone; and those who we do trust with our whole hearts, we can find happiness with- in friendship, in romance, in what-have-you. And more than that, more than anything, we must trust ourselves and our intuitions first- because then we would truly not have anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment