Friday, April 29, 2011

Bad Things Come In Three?

So this week(more like past two days, come to think of it), that whole theory that "Bad Things Come In Three" knocked on my door, in the form of things breaking or just not working properly. I'm thankful it wasn't anything major. If it had been my laptop (Gandalf) or car (McGyver D), I would probably have thrown myself off the JFT or something.
  1.  I stepped on my favorite sunglasses. I know, my fault.
  2. My phone not only decided that it wanted to turn off the ear speaker (thus I looked like an obnoxious fool talking on speakerphone for the past few days), but the charger also decided it wanted to split from its wires. Yup. I had to pull a Jason Bourne two nights ago, shedding the wires from the rubber casings and twisting them around the little nubs. (Maybe that counts as two?)
  3. The water in my building decided it wanted to be defective, thus leading to campus turning off our water- and only OUR water- resulting in mass chaos from everyone. I felt so terrible for my residents- they couldn't shower or brush their teeth or (grossest part) flush their toilets for the majority of the day and the worst part was this was from 7 am to 1 pm, the time when they are normally getting ready for class. I had residents going to Hasbrouck to go to the bathroom and brush their teeth. Half of them didn't go to class because of it. The other half stopped me on their way to classes ("I couldn't brush my teeth this morning." "You know our water doesn't work?" "I didn't findout I couldn't flush my toilet until I had already went.") We had absolutely no notification. I'm not sure if that is even legal. Thanks New Paltz.
Sounds like quite a trip, eh? Quite exciting. And to top it all off, I planned to get some of my work done and I have not yet. I need to write about thirty pages of research in two weeks. Yay. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment